• Residents enrolled in a clinical residency or fellowship program must be licensed as a physical therapist in the state(s) where the clinical training for the program will occur prior to commencing the program. The use of a temporary licensure to start residency training is program specific.

    Foreign-educated Physical Therapists (PTs)

    For those individuals educated outside of the United States, eligibility to participate in a residency program is dependent on the program. All individuals must be licensed to practice physical therapy in the state that clinical training will occur. For additional information on obtaining licensure for foreign-educated physical therapists please review the APTA licensure webpage.

  • Last Updated: 3/25/2013
    Contact: resfel@apta.org